Monday, May 3, 2010

What should I learn from Indiana Jones?

Hey all,

I'm about to go on an adventure. The Indiana Jones theme song has been playing in my head all week. I'm going to spend 6 months as a consultant in Yenagoa, Nigeria.

There will be swamps, rivers, travel will be by speed boat and there are real crocodiles. There's an election, political intrigue, accusations of corruption. The stage is set for drama!

Now the important question! What to pack? What would Indiana Jones do? What should I know? How will this work? What shoes should I wear?

Other important details: insurance? No one seems willing to insure people who go to Nigeria. Go figure.

Health?

Fun? I know the Nigerians will be more than able of keeping me busy for six months. So I'm not too worried.

But what gifts do I bring in case I meet kings, chiefs and princes?

I will definitely need a cool hat and a bull-whip...
Send me your thoughts and advice!

Best,
Alena

No comments:

Post a Comment